Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 31, 2011

TO: 5th Great Grand Uncle Selah Beal

Dear Uncle Selah,
Since I know I will never get around to publishing the whole family tree, and because everyone rolls their eyes when I start speaking "family history", and because I know you enjoyed reading and writing and, it would appear, words in general, I am writing to you wherever you are so that I can share my feelings, discoveries and frustrations in dealing with the Beal Family and all it's branches and allied families.

You see ever since I read a copy of your journal ( 1833 - 1866) and then transcribed it for those of us here in the 21st century, well, I know you pretty well.  And we DO share the same birthday. So you of all people will understand me.  I'm not sure how often I will write - I get awfully busy sometimes- but I will try to be fairly dilligent.

It is December 31st in the year 2011. At midnight a new year begins.  We shall start on the 1st day of 2012.
Fondly,
Your 5th great grand Niece

3 comments:

  1. Cheri,
    Welcome to the genealogy blogging community.Were your Beal ancestors from Massachusetts? I have an 8x great grandmother Martha Beal who was from Hingham, Ma and married Samuel Dunham of Plymouth in 1649.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheri - this is such a beautiful story - imagine sharing the same birthday - that's amazing....I love this way you have of keeping your blog by writing letters to your ancestor of yore. All the best with your family research!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Alex :-) He became such a part of me when I was transcribing his journal I just HAVE to share with him. And I'm sure my family members are very happy that I have someone to share with now lol.

    ReplyDelete